The Gresham-Barlow Education Foundation was founded in 1994 with the mission to enrich district classrooms with financial support beyond state and federal funding. Promoting excellence in education through imaginative, innovate and student-focused programs while fostering partnerships, allows the GBEF to be a catalyst for community building and ad advocate for the district. Since its inception, the Foundation has provided over $2.2 million in education enhancements at every school in the District.
GBEF support is unique to each school but throughout the entire district, the positive results of the Foundation can be seen. Additional technology including smart boards, document cameras, iPads, iPods and laptop computers are now available to students. Innovative reading curriculum for every grade level was added thanks to funds raised by the annual Phone-a-Thon. The Foundation’s continued support of literacy now affects students by making an eLibrary available to all students 24/7 — even when school isn’t in session.
The GBEF continues to partner with the district to explore new ways to support teachers and the learning experience for every student who calls the Gresham-Barlow School District their educational home.
Mission and Vision
The Gresham-Barlow Education Foundation provides funding to enhance and enrich the educational experience of the students in the Gresham-Barlow School District.
The GBEF provides funding to increase every student’s access to literacy through the annual Reading Matters Phone-a-Thon. District classrooms are positively impacted by classroom Innovation Grants that enable educators to request funding for creative teaching curriculum, student-centered projects, and increased technology.
“Bringing Great Things to the Classroom”
Board of Directors
Current Board Members
- Tyson Bell, President, BeginRIGHT Employment Services
- Shelley Burns-Giusto, Burns Feed Store
- Justin Fox, Owner, Justin Fox Allstate Insurance
- Cathy Larkin, retired GBSD educator
- Jayson Echternach, Willard PowerVac
- Cindy Mumford, GBSD employee
- Jonathan Sewell, Bank of the West
- Jared Tjaden, Edward Jones
- Erin Beggs, Gresham Area Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center
Emeritus Board Members
- Jan Barkley, Board Service – 1994-2020
- Vince Patrick, Board Service 2009 -2020
- Bob Lilly, Board Service 1994 -2020
- Linda Nelson, Board Service 1994 – 2020
- Sue Piazza, Board Service 1998 -2020
- Wendy Vondrak, Board Service 1999 – 2018
- Mike Miller, Board Service 2000 – 2018
- Debi Baker, Board Service 1996 – 2009
- Scott Hanson, Board Service 2002 – 2007
- Bob Harlan, Board Service 2002 – 2007
- Jay Echternach, Board Service 1995 – 2005
- Sue O’Halloran, Board Service 1994 – 2003
- Al Richard, Service 1994 – 2005
- Rich Correra, Board Service 1994 – 2004
- Dale Campbell, Board Service 1994 – 2003
- Gene Ann Shepherd, Board Service 1994 – 2002
Dr. Katrise Perera, GBSD Superintendent